Sunday, February 21, 2016

Question #2 Describe how you spend a Saturday


     I have always loved Saturdays. Reflecting on this question I realize that for the most part the way I spend my Saturdays today as a 59 year old grandmother (G-Mama) is how I spent my Saturdays as a child,a young adult and a mother.
     Saturdays are fun days filled with activities and family.  As a small child it was my father's day off. When I started school it was a break from the classroom. When I began working a day off for me. As a young mother my husband's day off. As a retired mother and grandmother Saturday is a day that my children and grandchildren have activities and time off from school and work.
     Growing up it was family drives. Eating out at favorite places like Sir George's,Mr. G's Pizza where I would always order a hamburger, Fosters Freeze,A&W,Jamar's, The Ivy Barn,Sizzler,Kips Chineese,Oscars, and iHop just to name a few.It was attending sporting events for my brother's Paul and Craig. For me attending Westwind Riders Horse shows with my Appaloosa mare Kawitchee and my brother's Quarter Horse gelding Apache Warrior. As a family we would often go to the beach, the San Diego Zoo,Sea World,water skiing at Mission Bay,picnics,visiting with friends and attending birthday parties.
     When my children were young we participated in similar activities in Arizona instead of California.  We moved to Arizona when my oldest son Brinton was 4 and Trey was 18 months old. Now I was the parent enjoying Saturday's involved with my children's endeavors.
     Present day I still participate in similar activities as a wife, mother and grandmother.  As of this writing, between my husband Steve and I, we have 17 grandchildren.  There is always something going on somewhere!
     I still ride my horses. Now that I am retired I don't have to wait for Saturday to ride. Often times I do venture out on Saturdays.


My Appaloosa mare Kawitchee and I at our first Westward Riders event which happened to be a Halloween costume event. This was our version of Arabian Nights. I did win a ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment