Sunday, February 7, 2016

Question #1 What is your secret for happiness?


     This first question is like jumping into the deep end. I'm ashamed to admit, I was hoping for a shallow question to start this process. Taking the bull by the horns here we go.
     Over the years if I had been asked this question periodically I would have given several different answers. You know the saying, "If only I knew then,what I know now.........". Having said that, I now know the secret to my happiness and what I write here will not change.  
     I know that I am a daughter of God and that he loves me. I am never alone. I can pray to my Heavenly Father. I can testify that he hears and answers my prayers. The Holy Ghost is there to comfort me,guide me,warn me, teach me. My elder brother Jesus Christ died for me(for all) and atoned for my(for all) sins. I can repent of my sins,I will have eternal life and my family can be together forever. 
     I have a special testimony of the Book of Mormon. I know this book was written for our benefit.  Joseph Smith is a Prophet of God. He translated the Book of Mormon, a second witness of Jesus Christ. I know that this humble young farm boy could not have done this without the guidance and inspiration from our Heavenly Father. He is a noble spirit chosen in our pre-mortal life to be a leader a Prophet of God and to bring forth the Book of Mormon.
     My secret for happiness includes living the commandments,loving and accepting others with a Christlike love,serving others in their time of need and serving in my callings at church.  When I read and study the scriptures I draw closer to my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and I have a greater understanding of the plan of happiness.
     I'm not perfect,I'm far from perfect. I have made many mistakes and committed more sins than I want to admit to here. I have had days filled with much happiness and days filled with great sorrow. I testify that happiness comes with living the gospel. It is a quest. I strive everyday,I falter everyday. I am blessed to have the knowledge I do. I will keep trying,I will endure to the end. This is my prayer.
     I posted this picture of my family because one of the biggest secrets to my happiness is my family. I love them with all my heart. When they are happy,I am happy. When they mourn,I mourn. When they are living their life in accordance with the gospel plan I am happy.  I am blessed.


Front row left to right-Maxwell,Miller,Mallory,Cash,Cole,Crew holding Evan,Brexton,Harlee,Nixin,Montana,Presley,Jenna holding Bradley Back row left to right_Martin,Carrie,Scott,Ryan holding Gracie,Julie,Amanda,Brannon,Steve,Rhonda, Brinton,Allison,Trey

No comments:

Post a Comment