Sunday, March 20, 2016

Question #3 My Testimony Of Prayer

     When I was young I was asked to speak in Sacrament meeting,the topic I was given was Prayer. Now this wasn't the only talk I was asked to give as a youth but I can honestly say it is the only talk that I still remember anything about.While preparing for this talk I had an "Ah-Ha" moment. The spirit bore witness to me that the words I spoke were true.
   
     Prayer is the proper communication between God's children and himself. When this communication ceases spiritual decay begins. I have always remembered this statement from my talk and I have a testimony that it is true.  Our Heavenly Father knows us and loves us. He knows all things. Just as a parent knows when their child is suffering,knows their hopes,dreams and heartaches they are powerless to help if there is no communication between parent and child.
 
      If we want answers,comfort or help we need to ask our Heavenly Father. In Sunday School class today a comment was made in regards to this. We must ask with a sincere heart, faith and real intent. If our prayers are not answered we have not asked in the proper way,with proper intent.

     And when ye shall receive these things,I would exhort you that ye would ask God,the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true, and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost. Moroni 10:4

     A young boy, Joseph Smith, searching for the true church read this verse of scripture. When he acted upon what he had read the restoration of the gospel came about. He asked of God.

     If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. James 1:5

     I know that my Heavenly Father hears and answers my prayers. My prayers have been answered,not always how I would have wanted but I have been comforted,prompted and blessed.

     I will share something personal about me. You know how people talk to themselves? Well, I talk in my head constantly but I'm not talking to myself, okay sometimes I am, mostly I'm talking to my Heavenly Father.  This is such a habit for me that I didn't consciously recognize that I was doing this until a few years ago. I guess this would be considered having a prayer in my heart at all times.

   




No comments:

Post a Comment